Friday, June 10, 2011

Bargain Baskets!

I'm a fan of Longenburger baskets. Who isn't? I'm not a fan of their prices, however. I try to add to my collection when I can, but that is very rarely since I can never bring myself to bring out the check book!

This past weekend, my mom, sister and I went to a few garage sales in the midst of other errands. We hit the jack pot at one when we found a girl who was selling her collection of the expensive baskets - liners, protectors, and all!


Below were my baskets. The taller one is now housing my notepads, scratch paper, pens and a finger nail file on my end table by the couch! It matches the cracker basket I already had that houses my remotes! Chhhaa Ching! The long shallow basket has replaced my candy dish that I keep on the Hoosier Cabinet. And the bottom basket with the handle now sits on the counter where my hubby generally throws all his junk from his pockets, his wallet, and his belt at the end of each day. Bam - now its all in one organized basket!

These were my sister's purchases. I love the big round basket. I might have to coax her to let me buy it from her! Overall, I spent $20 on Longenburger baskets that had the liners and protectors. That is one AWESOME deal! I took them home and washed the liners and protectors - which cleaned very easily, and now I have more baskets for my collect.

Also during my day of deals, I was able to get the little bug some new fridge magnet toys, a Mickey Mouse school bus to play with in the sand box, a brand new purple scrapbook (for a future project), an antique dish, a cabbage shaped jar-thing (holds memories and hopefully coleslaw!), and a teddy bear for Maddie! Total for those items - without the baskets = $7.25.


I can't wait to see what bargains I can find tomorrow!



More to come...

2 comments:

  1. Awesome deals! I cant wait to hear about your deals tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome deals! I cant wait to hear about your deals tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete