Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The more that you read, the more things you will know...

On Sunday, my sister and I hosted a Usborne Book party. Usborne is originally an British company. The company's goal is to promote children's literacy. Its now very popular everywhere! I happened to see their booth at the state fair this year. I stopped to look at their toddler flash cards. Unfortunately, they only had the display set left, but the lady gave me a catalog to look through. After looking it over, I was intrigued. There were so many great books, activity kits, and flash cards for kids from birth to high school. The catalog featured several different home school courses as well. I just had to tell my teacher-turned-mommy sister who loves teaching her daughter new things! (My niece could read at a very early age, she's four now and I often have to ask her the time because I still struggle with face clocks! ha ha!)


After talking more with the consultant, she said that the best months to host a party are in July and August. They always do double incentive points for the host during those months. So we hurried and got our party set up for August 29th. Last night Jenny turned in the books that she and I wanted with our rewards points. I'm happy to say that we both got $115 free books and $62.50 half price books! (Break down, collectively we got $50 for booking at the fair, $180 based on our sales, and $125 worth of half price books) Having said that, I was able to earn 17 books (three of which are stroller books) and four sets of flash cards! Whoo hoo!


Not only did Jenny and I receive some awesome deals, but we had a great time too! Our daughters had a blast playing together and with the other children who came.


Enjoy the pictures of the kids playing! If you have any questions about the Usborne Company you can visit: http://www.theusbornebookstore.com/.





... The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.

More to come...



No comments:

Post a Comment