Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Baby Ruth Bars

Yesterday I tried a new recipe that was given to me. It's really good. Marc and I both liked it. Easy to make (after a few modifications) and super easy to eat with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee!

Baby Ruth Bars

4 C oatmeal
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C white corn syrup
1/2 C peanut butter
1 teas vanilla
3/4 C softened butter

Mix together and pat into a 9x13 pan. Bake 12 minutes at 400.

Topping:
2/3 C peanut butter
6 oz chocolate chips
3 oz butterscotch chips

While still hot out of oven, spread peanut butter onto the cake. Mix chips and sprinkle on cake to melt. When melted use toothpick or butter knife to swirl the chips on top. Let cool and eat.

(I found that 12 minutes burnt the edges but the middle was still soft.... I also used more of each of the chips-this is due to the fact that i didn't pay too close to attention because I was still frustrated about my burnt edges and gooey center! Ha!)

WARNING: COOKIE MAY BE TOO RICH FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN'T HANDLE EXTREME SWEETS. IF THIS PERSON IS YOU, STOP READING MY BLOG! Ha ha!

Ingredients for the base
Topping ingredients

Before the baking
While Mommy baked, Maddie played in Mommy's cookie cutters




More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment