Friday, August 13, 2010

BBQing it Mongolian Style!

The other evening my family went to eat at the Mongolian Barbecue in Carmel. It was great! That was the second time Marc and I had been there - and we were still super impressed!

If you'd never been there, let me explain how it works. There are three bars set up (well four if you want to count the soup and salad bar). The first one is meats...any raw meat you want....Put that in your bowl...Go to the next bar. Veggies....Potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, pea pods, onions, green peppers, (right now I'm pretty much naming what went in mine!)....Bar three - sauces and spices. I grabbed the peanut sauce. It was delicious! My mom got the teriyaki and dad got sweet and sour - both were also amazing! Next time I'll add a little fresh garlic to it! You take your pile of raw/fresh meats and veggies and your bowl of sauce and spices to the big grill. Your meal will be grilled in minutes! When you return, you find brown and white rice on the table, as well as tortilla shells. It was super good!
Itsy Bitsy Spider..

Loving on Bob (cat) What was left on my plate!

(Tim, Jenny, Aunt Sandy, Marc)

(Mom, Abby, Dad)

At the end of dinner we were all stuffed! But as you can see, very happy!



More to come...

1 comment:

  1. We have a Mongolian grill in Iowa City called Hu-Hot...and we love it! Of course, we are super stuffed by the time we leave, but that might have something to do with the Cold Stone Creamery that is right next door!

    ReplyDelete