Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lets Salsa!

This year, I really wanted to put up salsa. Marc and I love chips and salsa...Well let's be honest, the list of foods Marc and I don't love is shorter than the list of what we love... Anyway, I've also really enjoyed putting up food for this winter. It feels good that I'm using what we grew in our garden to save us money later! Though it wasn't a ton, my mom and I were able to put up 12 1/2 pints of salsa! We could have kept going, but it was getting late and we were both ready to call it a day. We also were out of jars. So I'm glad we didn't resort to freezing it...I have limited space that I'm saving for our applesauce!

The first batch of salsa we made using a recipe. We used all fresh ingredients. The second we used the Ball brand mix I got at the State Fair...That one I loved just because it was so much easier! But in the taste test with my dad and Marc the "from scratch" version seemed to win.

I also was excited to try out my new food processorer. I say new, but I got it for a bridal shower three years ago! I've never gotten it out because of the lack of storage in my kitchen! But all with all the tomotoes, I decided it was time!

Enjoy the pictures!





More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment