Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Honoring our Troops!

The weekend after Easter, Crawfordsville had a parade and dedication to our heroes. One hero in particular, Brian Bowman (my brother-in-law). As part of that celebration, my sister was asked that she be the Grand Marshall in the parade. They also asked if she wanted her family to ride with her. Since my parents were gone (for reasons you'll learn in another post) my sister asked Marc, Maddie, and I to ride with her.

It was a really great feeling to see our community come out to celebrate the fallen soldiers and those still fighting today to keep us safe in our wonderful country. There was also a wonderful turn out later that afternoon for the renaming of the VFW ceremony. The Crawfordsville VFW post is now named after Brian for his heroic actions in Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom.

I want to thank all the soldiers who have served or are currently serving and their families. What great sacrifices you make to ensure the safety and freedom that we enjoy every day!
























More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment