Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Recipe Time - Ham and Cheese Foldover Sandwiches (using Bisquick)

I love Bisquick. I just wanted to throw that out first thing. I enjoy the recipes on the box. The Impossible Cheeseburger Pie is so simple and a favor tie at our house. So far I haven't tried a recipe using Bisquick I haven't enjoyed! This is especially true for my newest discovery - Ham and Cheese Fold over Sandwiches. LOVE THEM! I tried this recipe and it got a very warm welcome in our house.

Loving this recipe so much I decided to try it with can chicken, BBQ sauce, cheese, and green onions. It turned out delicious too!

Last night I used turkey pepperoni, pizza sauce, and pizza cheese. Though it couldn't hold a candle to the ham and cheese version, it was still pretty good!

I just wanted to share it with those who randomly read this blog. I also wanted to put the recipe in a place I have easy access to it. I tend to get on a kick with a recipe, then after time I forget about it and, worse, forget where I placed it!

Hope you enjoy!


Ham and Cheese Fold over Sandwiches

2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
1/2 cup boiling water
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
8 oz deli shaved cooked ham
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz)
1 egg
1 tablespoon water


1.Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix and boiling water with spoon until dough forms. Divide dough into fourths. On surface sprinkled with Bisquick mix, roll dough in Bisquick mix to coat. Press each piece into 6-inch square, 1/4 inch thick.

2.Spread 1/2 teaspoon of the mustard on each dough square to within 1/2 inch of edges. Top with ham and cheese to within 1/2 inch of edges. Fold each square diagonally in half. Press edges with fork to seal. Place on cookie sheet.

3.In small bowl, beat egg and water. Brush over sandwiches. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

To Freeze and Bake: Place unbaked sandwiches without egg wash on ungreased cookie sheet. Freeze uncovered 2 to 3 hours or until solid. Arrange in single layer in container to prevent breaking; seal well. Freeze up to 2 months. To bake, place on greased cookie sheet and brush with egg-water mixture. Bake at 350°F 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.


Find this recipe and more at: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/ham-and-cheese-foldover-sandwiches/1e91b492-d49d-4bbf-ac93-7b04de4933a3?MLE=1

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment