Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Conner Prairie - Taking Time to Reflect our Past!

On Sunday, my family visited Conner Prairie. It is such a neat place! I know I've been there before, but it seems like so long ago. It was a beautiful day for walking around enjoying the step back into time!

Fun fact that I learned during my visit:

School was in session for the three months in the winter only. Children were expected to be home working in the fields with their parents, not sitting in a school house. Also, it cost 3 cents a week to go to school. Because of this, many kids only attended one or two semesters in their lifetime. Can you imagine, only going to school for 6 months total in your life?! I'm sure as a kid I would love that idea. Looking back now, I think how far we've come. I also think how blessed we are to live in a country that has so many choices for education! (Though only the truly smart ones make the decision to attend Purdue University - Boiler Up!) It all started with one room school house for 3 months out of the year!


Enjoy the pictures!

The little bug was in a good mood!

Crossing over into the past....

"Sleeping"

School Teacher


Washing clothes....The old fashioned way!



Abby learning about toys before Leapster and Fisher Price

Mom and Dad getting the lesson from the local carpenter

Such a pretty day out!

Sayler Family

Sleepy girl!


More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment