Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Kings Island for our Kings!

Happy Fathers Day (a few days late) to all those fathers out there!

Our family had a wonderful Father's Day weekend. It was a perfect weekend for some family time, especially as my sister prepares to go back to Colorado here in a few weeks. The summer is such a busy time for us all, I'm glad we had this chance to spend some time having fun with one another.

I was worried when we decided to try Kings Island on a Saturday that it would be crazy busy. It wasn't, however. It was really nice! Friday evening we drove down to stay at a nearby hotel. Though it was a long drive (I know, three hours isn't long, but the last half Madelyn decided she didn't want to be confined any longer, and let Marc and I know it....) We were able to have some pool time. Maddie just loves the water. She splashes and giggles. I also try to "dunk" her every time we get into a pool to get her used to going under. She never has once gotten upset. In fact the two or three times we went under on Friday night she'd come up and clap. She was having fun!







The next morning we work up early for some breakfast to find out it was raining. I was starting to worry this was how it would be all day, but by the time we got to the park the dark clouds had disappeared and the bright sun was back.

We had a great time at the park. The crowd was low, the heat was comfortable, and the rides were fun. We also had a good time at the arcade, though I'm not sure the package of sticky notes, two containers of goo, two balsa wood planes, a pencil, and a sticker was worth the money we spent trying to beat the ski ball and other enticing and addicting machines!

Here are a few pictures of that fun!














My favorite moments at Kings Island:

  • Maddie giggling and kicking her legs on the carousel
  • Beating Marc at Whack-A-Mole
  • Doing the photo booth with Marc and Maddie
  • The look on my mom's face at the end of the log ride
  • Feeling like a kid again with my sisters






More to come...

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wonderful time! It's been so long since I have been to King's Island. I'm glad the weather turned out nice and crowds stayed low.

    btw...I love the girls' matching outfits :)

    ReplyDelete