Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Just call me Bloggy McBlogs-a-lot!

Recently my mom sent me a link to a couple of really neat blogs. They feature good recipes (well what I consider good - which means common every day ingredients that is easy and quick to create). Once I started reading these blogs, it got me hungry for more....Not just recipes, but blogs! I really enjoy reading other people's stories. It got me thinking, I have more than a baby with a cute face. I have a family that is growing and evolving faster than I can keep up and I want to share that!

So, the time has come for me to make a commitment to blog more regularly - not just when a big event happens and I want all to see the pictures. (Though I'll do that too!) Maddie is growing so fast, I want to not only share this with all of my family and friends, but I also want to remember every detail later.

Here we go:

Maddie playing outside with her new toys!


Today is the first day of June. I can't believe how fast May has come and gone. Maddie has started picking up skills left and right. Its amazing! Like a few weeks ago, Marc, Madelyn and I went out to the Forum for breakfast. Maddie wasn't really drinking from her sippy cup, so I offered her my straw. She drank out of a regular cup with a straw like a pro! I had no idea she'd be able to do that. Maybe its just first time mom syndrome???

Maddie has also been taking first steps on her own...Which also means we've had a lot more tears lately from bumped heads and bruised knees. Tears have also been coming a lot more lately as our little bug is proving to us that she's not a baby any more. No more cuddle bug--she's a baby on the move! (Even tackling climbing the stairs! Yikes!) The good news is, at the end of the day, I still get my cuddle time, as I rock my pretty girl to sleep.

Something else Maddie is beginning to master is feeding herself with a spoon. We bought some new spoons to make it easier for her to handle. She does great with it! She's a huge fan of feeding herself applesauce and yogurt!

Marc's been super busy with work. He now has to be up an hour earlier than usual--and still works super late. The poor guy can't get a break. The longer his hours at work means the longer his to-do list at home grows!

My job is going well. I enjoy the people I work with on a daily basis. It has become more and more of a struggle to leave little M behind, though. It does help seeing her during my lunch hour and knowing that she's with the next best thing to Mom - her Ma!

Our garden is growing like...well a weed! Ha ha. At least we have plenty of those that we keep trying to hoe and pluck from the soil. The plants look great! Anyone need any onions right now?

Well that's our life right now. I'll try to be better at posting updates!


More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment