Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Vacationing in Brown County

Who doesn't love taking a vacation? Whether its an over night trip or a ten day get-a-way, I love taking trips! I loved staying in hotels, I love eating out, I love trying new things with my family....

As much as I love vacation, I hate the cost. They always seem like a great idea, but then I always hate when the bill comes in. (Who doesn't?!) But when I heard that the state parks in Indiana were having a buy one night get one night free deal....Well I gotta say I jumped for joy! We were wanting to do an over night trip with the Little Bug before her baby sister arrives, but we couldn't agree on when and where to go. This solved our problem. Who doesn't love state parks?!

We chose to stay at the Abe Martin Lodge at the Brown County State Park. It was WONDERFUL. Everyone was so friendly, the hotel was beautiful (and more importantly clean), and the best part - the water park that is inside! Now don't get me wrong, its no Holiday World, but it had a lazy river, a splash area, a water slide, and a pool with basketball and volleyball. You can't beat that. I mean, honestly, Maddie would've loved any pool - but why just go to any pool when you could have a lazy river to float around in?!

We had a great time! Wednesday night we headed down making our first stop in Edinburg. Miss Maddie got some new shoes (thank you Stride Rite for the great sales!) and Mommy bought a few nursing tops for after baby's birthday! We then checked in and enjoyed an evening of playing games, eating snacks, and relaxing on our king bed!

Thursday we ate breakfast in the room so we could waste no time in getting to the pool. Maddie LOVED it! I'm so glad the weather was so nice out too, because afterwards we went to Nashville for some shopping. While we weren't too successful with our buys (we only bought a couple pairs of socks and then some snacks), we had a great time walking in BEAUTIFUL weather!!! That wonderful weather also made it possible to enjoy some of the state park! (It was so nice, even if it wasn't green at all!) That evening we enjoyed Mexican food and another swim in the pool.

Friday came way too soon and I was sad to have to pack up. But we were able to get one more dip in the pool in before we headed out. We had a great time and it was so nice to get away with no distractions. It was also important to us to give Madelyn some time with just mommy and daddy -no phones, computers, TVs, or anything else - before baby arrives. It was wonderful!!!

Enjoy the pictures!

















More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment