Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Big Girl Bed!

With a new baby on the way, we knew we needed to get Madelyn moved into a different bed. Which is sad, because I swear she just came home from the hospital wrapped in a pink blanet! Ugh - it moves so fast! Anyway, our goal was to move the furniture out of the guest bedroom (antique bedroom set - not the best for a little girl!), carpet that room and the hallway (our floors upstairs are unfinished hardwoods), and move in my childhood furniture. (This means that not only was Maddie sleeping in the same crib and using the baby dresser mommy did, she's now sleeping in the same bed and using a big kid dresser that mommy used!)

The process seemed to take forever, but its finally done. The Little Bug didn't understand that this was her new room, I don't think, until the room officially had a bed. Once that bed was put in she knew that this was her "big girl" room. Once I started putting sheets on the bed last night, I knew we weren't going to get her to go back to the nursery!

Here are some pictures I captured with my phone, since my camera was dead. I'll try to add captions as I go! (Keep in mind that the walls are still bare...With the exception of the awesome wall flower from Aunt Casie! Decorations will be added in time...)

Notice how one dresser is missing a nob....Mommy didn't fix it when cleaning it.... Bad mommy! But her clothes aren't in there yet - so there is still time!
How cool is the flower night light?! We didn't use it as a night light but I used it in the morning when I was waking her up. The cord is long enough to make "leaves" I just need to get different command hooks.
How cute is that bed spread! Thank you Target and my in-laws for the Target gift card at Christmas!
From the doorway! Curtains came from Tiny Tillia by Avon. SOOO cute and affordable!
After being tucked in...Had to bring blanket and Minnie too of course!
She's so happy!


She slept the entire night in her big girl bed without getting up or crying. In fact, she bawled this morning when I pulled her out of bed to get ready for the day. She just kept saying "I go night night in big girl bed!" I promised her I'd give her another opportunity tonight and every night from here on out.  :)

More to come...

2 comments:

  1. Love all the updates today! Maddie is so darn cute...and she's getting so big! Love the big girl bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Yeah! I try to do them at home, but pictures take a whole day to upload!

      Thanks - I think she's cute too, but I'm a little biased! :)

      Delete