Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Big Sister Day Camp

Recently I signed up for a tour of the hospital where we'll be delivering. I've since been there to visit some friends who had a baby (such a cutie, too!) I was impressed with what I saw and can't wait for the official tour at the end of this month.

When signing up, I gave the receptionist at the learning center my email address to receive updates and an email confirmation of the event. When doing this I by default got signed up for their newsletter....While that would normally make me groan, I am so extremely thankful that I did! This last newsletter I got had information about a Big Sister/Big Brother Day Camp. The camp is designed to teach older siblings about the new baby that's coming to their home. It was for ages 3-9. I called and explained how Maddie is just a few months from being three and they let me register! I was so excited!

On our way to the camp, I looked at the directions I was emailed and realized I had the wrong time down in my phone! Ahhh! Thankfully we got there only ten minutes late and we weren't the only families they were waiting on. Shew!

Maddie seemed to enjoy listening to stories, singing songs and seeing pictures. Coloring and doing her hand print on an official Big Sister card was also fun. But I think what she enjoyed the most was diapering and feeding a pretend baby. She couldn't get enough. I felt bad for the instructor (or should I say camp councilor?!) because she apparently doesn't speak Madelyn Roberts. While I could understand the Little Bug's questions and comments from the side lines, the teacher would just smile and nod, looking very confused! But that didn't stop my girl from speaking up every chance she got!

Here are a few pictures that I could get without being a distraction. It was work every minute of our time and I'm so proud of my future big sis!








With this little one, theres always more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment