Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Favorite Disney Attractions: EPCOT

2010
EPCOT is a close second for my favorite of the Disney Parks. It has so much to offer - as its TWICE the size of the Magic Kingdom. There are so many wonderful, exciting things to discover there. From Future World to the World Showcase - your family won't be disappointed.  (Plus, if you're going to "The World" for dining, EPCOT by far has your best options!

My Favorite Attractions: EPCOT
1. World Showcase - There is NO WAY I can name ALL of my favorite attractions around the World Show Case in detail. So I'll highlight my favorite things about each world as quickly as possible.

Outside of Mexico
Mexico: The AWESOMELY cool items made in Mexico - seriously, Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros (http://allears.net/tp/ep/gft.htm), San Angel Inn - delicious!
Norway: Maelstrom - boat ride, the giant troll in the gift shop for a photo opt, BEST snacks at the Kringla Bakeri og Kafe (http://allears.net/menu/menu_k.htm), my favorite perfumes in the world are purchased here
China: The beauty of the architecture, Dragon Legend Acrobats - awesome, best egg rolls ever for a snack credit
Germany: Biergarten - a great buffet, the glass pickle ordinment for Christmas, great gift shops, and now home to the Wherthers new bakery - yumo!
Italy: Beautiful buildings
America: The BEST show in the entire Park- The American Adventure, the Voices of Liberty
Japan: Teppan Eto  - a hibachi grill that is delicious and entertaining, beautiful gardens, the shops!!!, picking your own oyster to get a pearl (I seriously do that every time I go!)
Morocco: (the only government sponsored country in the showcase)the prettiest buildings in the entire showcase, Restaurant Marrakesh (traditional Moroccan cuisine - might not be a good place for the kiddos), Tangierine Cafe - a great place for a quick lunch, the shops, belly dancers (nothing dirty folks!)
In front of China
France: beautiful architecture, I'm told the Impressions de France is totally worth going to - on my list to do this trip
United Kingdom: The British Invasion (Beatle imitators - they rock!), World Showcase Players (street shows),  Yorkshier Couny Fish and Chips - YUM!
Canada: HANDS DOWN FAVORITE RESTAURANT - Le Cellier (http://allears.net/menu/menu_lcl.htm - lunch menu)

Club Cool - Here comes the Beverly!
2. Club Cool - Who doesn't love a free Coke?! Come to Club Cool and try different Cokes from around the world. You can also "make your own bottle or build a cup. I've never done this since we stay at the resorts and I buy a re-fill able mug there. Don't forget - try the Beverly from Germany....

3. The Seas with Nemo and Friends - A wonderful ride for the whole family. You're seated in a sea shell and taken all through the ocean to find that silly orange and white striped fish! Love it!

4. Turtle Talk with Crush - One of my new favorites! I took the little bug there last. It was a first for both of us. The kids sit on the floor and Crush the turtle from Nemo appears. Its an interactive video that has every one laughing. Crush even takes the time at the end to ask the kids - and adults - some questions and answers questions from the crowd! http://allears.net/tp/ep/e_seas3.htm

5. Journey into Imagination...with Figment - I've always loved the little purple dinosaur-like creature named Figment. He's so cute. I love this ride and make a point to visit it at least once (usually more than that) each trip. The Imagination song always gets stuck in my head, but I don't mind.

The end of the ride on Spaceship Earth
6. Spaceship Earth - Ever whats wonder whats in that big spherical ball that is the icon of EPCOT? Its Spaceship Earth! This ride is a story of the communications through the ages. It is really neat how they have everything laid out. You really do feel like you're traveling through time!!! And it's a continuous ride, so the lines are always short!

7. Soarin' - Located in "The Land" pavilion (home to the best rice krispee treats at Disney!). This ride is a must do! We usually race to get fast passes for this one first, then come back. The lines can get outrageous! You sit on these rows of seats that lift you in the air in front of a giant movie screen. The experience truly makes you feel as if you were "soarin" in the air over different places in the US. You can even smell the trees and feel the wind! It is a great, great attraction!

Waiting on her Rice Krispee Treat!
8. Ellen's Energy Adventure - Who doesn't love Ellen. I mean, even if you're not a fan of talk shows, I know you loved Dory in Nemo (played by Ellen!) This is an attraction that puts you in a moving theater through Ellen's dream of where energy comes from. It also features our favorite science professor - Bill Nye! Its a lot of fun and I find I see something new each time I go. Maybe not the best if you're little one is frightened by loud noises.

Mexico
9. Living with the Land - One of the most underrated attractions probably at EPCOT. I don't know why more people aren't in line. Its a great tour of how Disney utilizes indoor space to grow their vegetables and fruits used there at the parks. It also covers different biomes that existed before humans were around. The boat ride is gentle and great for anyone!!!

10. IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth - Saving the best for last..... This isn't really an attraction, but I had to mention it. This is THE BEST DISNEY FIREWORKS SHOW! I'm sorry if you disagree, because the other parks do put on a fireworks display that is out of this world. But I truly feel IllumiNations is second to none. I don't say that lightly since I tear up every time I watch the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. The entire park goes dark except the torches around the lagoon. It will give you goosebumps. I'm not sure I can even say enough to do it justice. Its just awesome.


More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment