Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Fancy Nancy Party!

On Saturday, I had a wonderful opportunity to spend some time with my mother-in-law. And what a better way to spend a day together than a Fancy Nancy Party? I know, sounds kinda crazy, right? Well the party wasn't for us, but little girls ages two to eight. That means my Little Bug and my cute niece were able to go!

The rules for the party were simple - wear your fanciest dress, beads, shoes, etc. I was so glad that the Disney Store got my last order to me early so Madelyn could have a new fancy dress to wear. I mean, it doesn't get much fancier than a Disney princess!!!

The party consisted of reading a couple of Fancy Nancy books, learning some ballet moves, eating a snack, doing crafts (including making a tiara, making a magic wand, and painting our nails - which we skipped the nails part), playing dress up with jewelry, and walking down a run way with a real paparazzi (that's us parents.) We had a blast! Maddie is still asking to wear her "princess hat" at home and carries around her wand. I think her favorite part was the runway however! I fear I'll have my hands full someday!!!

Unfortunately, I only took pictures at the party. I should have the rest of the weekend as well, but I just wasn't thinking. We had a great visit with Marc's parents and are looking forward to our next one!

Enjoy the pictures of my little Fancy Nancy in her princess dress!!!

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment