Monday, July 11, 2011

Celebrating The Family Tree

I haven't posted in a while. That seems to be the trend - post a lot, then go weeks without a post.... I'm trying to get better. This past week was a rough one for me and my family, however. My grandmother passed away. It was a long week, but we are truly appreciative of all the prayers and thoughts that have been sent our way.

With all that we went through the past few weeks, I was able to get caught up with several of my cousins that I don't often see. I'm just sorry that it had to be at such a sad event. After the funeral dinner, my aunt asked us all out to my grandmothers house to eat some of the food people had graciously dropped off. There was a good spread and it was humbling to know we have so many friends. We had enough food for another few meals, so we planned another get together. My aunt and uncle have a pool and so it made for a good spot to gather to eat, swim, and enjoy each others company.

We had a great time at the pool, despite the week we had! Again, we are so thankful for all of our friends who showed support in many ways.

Below are some pictures from the pool party.





More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment