Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Poor Man's Lasagna......More Like Tired Mom Lasagna!

Sunday night was the first night in a LONG time that the Little Bug hasn't slept well. She was up and at'em at 1 am..... Just up and ready to play. No interest in sleep. Well that didn't work out well for me. I'm still paying for my missed night of sleep- and its Wednesday!

That being said, last night I didn't feel like cooking at all. Then I remembered this recipe my mom had sent me from one of the blogs she follows (aren't blogs great!) I had all the ingredients on hand and I thought how hard could it be? Let me tell you -easy easy easy and GOOD! Everyone loved it! And I had enough left over to put some individual sized portions in the freezer for Marc to take to work. Whoo Hooo!

The recipe is below. If you give it a try let me know! I'd love to hear if your family enjoyed it as much as mine!

Poor Mans Lasagna
2 - packages (7.25 oz) Great Value Macaroni & Cheese
1 - lb ground beef
1 - Jar Spaghetti Sauce (use your favorite)
1 - (8oz) package mozzarella cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the macaroni and cheese according to package directions. While the macaroni is cooking, brown and drain the ground beef. Add the ground beef to the prepared macaroni and cheese. Mix in the spaghetti sauce and add to a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Top with mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil sprayed with baking spray and bake for 25 minutes until heated through and bubbly.

Note: Here is another way to assemble the lasagna. Spoon half of the prepared macaroni and cheese into lightly greased 9 x 13 inch square baking dish. Add half of the spaghetti sauce and then the remaining macaroni and cheese. Add the rest of the spaghetti sauce and top with mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.




More to come...

2 comments:

  1. I was so excited about this... until I read the macaroni & cheese ingredient, haha! I'm sure it's delicious but I'll just take your word for it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What 's wron with that Jenny? Sounds good to me, but then it's supper time.

    ReplyDelete