Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A House Overhaul

Over the last two weeks, Marc and I have really been working hard at getting our house in order. We've organized three closets (complete with new shelving thanks to Mr Marc), got a new roof, and - most importantly- replaced the rest of our windows.

Over the last three years we've (I throw we around as if I helped! Ha!) Marc has replaced 20 windows in our home. It has made such a big difference in our house. I loved the look of the windows from 1922, but it sure is nice to not watch my curtains dance every time there is a light breeze outside!

Below are some pictures of the last window unit he installed....The last one he installed because we're done with windows! YAY!!!!!!

Original windows. These are in our bedroom.

Weights weren't even working!


He had to cut the spaced between the three windows in order to put a unit of three in.

Sealing up the new unit



SOOO NICE! Great job Marc!
Those projects are tackled! Tomorrow we are getting new carpet on the stairs, the upstairs hallway, and in Maddie's new big girl room! So much changing happening at once! I'm glad we're doing it though. It'll be nice when its done. New insulation and siding is on the schedule for this spring! Whoo hoo!

More to come...

1 comment:

  1. I know where you are coming from...we constantly talked about how nice it would be to replace the windows in our Williamsburg house, but that would have been 27 windows! Talk about ouch on the pocket book. We never did; therefore, I always saw my curtains moving because there is always a "light" breeze in Iowa :) You are so lucky to have a hubby brave enough to tackle those projects - I'm sure it saved a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete