Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Its a Zoo Out There!

Last week, Marc had some meetings to attend in Ohio. Since they were a ways away, they invited the wives to join them for some fun of their own. We had three options. First, we could go get a manicure. Second, was the Columbus Zoo. And third was shopping. Naturally Maddie and I decided on the zoo. I mean, who would want to pass that up?

It was a little nerve racking at first. I never, and I mean never, drive anywhere. Marc does all the driving in our family. And I've never been to some place like the zoo alone. We usually always do things together. Its just a rule we have. But with this trip allowing for me to go (at no cost to me!) then I couldn't pass it up.

Ended up, the zoo was less than 10 minutes down the road. But it was a busy place. Apparently there is a water park attached. I kept thinking, why are these children not in school? I found out later that this was the last week before school started for them. Which would explain why there were so many kids there. Also, that's super close to The Ohio State University. I saw a lot of college couples. Made me miss my other half some....But really, pushing the stroller up hills made me miss him more! :)

Anyway, Maddie and I had a great time. I knew she was tired, but she just wouldn't give in to the sleep. She was loving every minute of the animals she saw. She LOVED the "monkey" (anything that resembled a monkey was called that) and the elephants! Over all we had a great time and I'm so thankful for the experience!

Enjoy the pictures!
The entry way to the Zoo
Check out the pingos! They sure smell fishy!
Gorilla err, I mean monkeys
Look Mommy, moneky eating!
She was so excited to watch!
Look at the weird pig thing
Monkey-n-around
Maddie was saying "come here monkey, come here good boy." Ha ha, what a cutie!
Though the monkey didn't agree...Nor did he come over...
Waiting patiently
Well worth the wait. Look at the ellyfont mommy!
All cats are lazy - doesn't matter their size!
Puppet show time
At the end of the day we went swimming. She had a wonderful time!
Cheese!

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment