Friday, September 28, 2012

Has It Really Been 6 Months?!

Boy how time seems to fly. One minute you find out that you're expecting a baby, the next she's three years old and has a 6 month old sister! I used to get told that time moves faster the older you got. In high school I'd just roll my eyes at that notion. (Well that and I was a teenager...rolling eyes is what teens do!) But I now can't believe how true that statement is!

Let me try to catch you up on our family's life the last few months.......

Madelyn Ann

What a happy girl! She's had a blast over the summer months. She had a Max and Ruby Party for her third birthday, learned how to play in a sprinkler, attended her first official VBS, saw the movie Brave in the theater twice in one weekend, won 5th place in a water melon seed spitting contest at the State Fair, visited the dinosaurs at the Creation Museum, caught her first fish, and she was in a four week music and movement class. 

She's a wonderfully happy little girl. She's done incredible with her baby sister. She always tries to help dress and undress her and put her perry (pacifier) in her mouth (even though Isa doesn't care much for the thing.) She's become such a big kid. Currently her favorite movie is Tangled, her favorite thing to eat is saltines or suckers, her favorite thing to do is growl like a dinosaur at EVERYONE. In fact a month or so ago we were in Walmart. As we were getting ready to pass another shopper in the isle, Maddie leaned in and whispered "Mommy, I'm going to growl at this lady." OH DEAR... I quickly turned and decided we needed to go to the next isle! 

She's a big helper. She enjoys helping mommy in the kitchen and I've seen photo evidence that this love has spilled over to her Ma's house. But she mostly loves being outdoors. Sadly this summer we didn't get out as much as I'd like with how hot it was. But this cooler weather has been nice so we've been trying to be outside every evening. Maybe next summer we'll get to log a few more hours swimming though. 


Right now all she can talk about is our Disney trip! 



Isabella Grace-






What a beautiful baby! I'll never forget how upset she was that first day at the hospital that we disrupted her comfortable life! Marc and I looked at each other and said "What are we going to do?" She cried a lot. She wanted to eat a lot.... Who knew that after that first 24 hours past we'd have the happiest, non-crying baby?! 

Don't get me wrong, she still cries. All babies cry. But not as often as we were expecting. The first four months of her life we kept her in our room because she didn't cry at night. She would make a grunting sound and that was it. I'd nurse her and she went right back to bed. From early on she started sleeping 6-8 hours at night. I was so afraid I wouldn't hear her! I finally had to move her from her cradle because she was moving too much to be in it!



She's now eating solid foods for lunch and dinner. (With a recent addition to the amount!) She also can sit up on her own (mostly...she still falls over at times... There are always pillows around that girl!) She rolls over all the time. And is starting to get up on her hands and knees. She also laughs at EVERYTHING! This summer she's been to a movie in the theater, stayed the night at Ma and Pa's house, visited her first county and state fairs, stayed the night in a hotel (twice - impressive for a new baby, isn't it?!), and is getting ready for her first trip to see our favorite mouse at Disney World!




Marc and Chelsea



We've just been adjusting to life with two kids. While I thoroughly enjoyed my maternity leave, I am adjusting okay to being back. I think the majority of that is knowing that my babies are well taken care of by my mom. Its also nice I get to see them both at lunch! I am very blessed!

I'm also blessed with a husband who works hard! Marc had such a busy summer. But I think he'd go nuts if he didn't keep busy. Anyone who has sat beside him know's how fidgety he gets if he's sitting still for too long. I'm so thankful he's able to work from home! 

We also celebrated our 5 year anniversary earlier this month!!! 



So that's the last few months in a nut shell.... Hopefully I'll get better about posting now! You can also visit : http://therobertsrundown.shutterfly.com/ to see our life in photos!




No comments:

Post a Comment