Monday, February 7, 2011

Cooking with Mama!

I've been in a pie making mood lately...Okay, honestly, I've been in a crust making mood. My dad constantly tells me and my sisters that we need to learn how to make pie crust so we can make him pies, as good as my mom can. Well I hate to break it to him that none of us will be as good a cook as mom....

Correction we won't make crust as good as moms - we each have our signature dish...Casie's is her BLT dip, Jenny makes killer puppy chow and dirt pudding, I've mastered chocolate chip cookies, and mom...Well she's pretty much got the rest.(Wink) Thanks mom, we love to eat and glad you can cook!

Anyhoo, getting back on topic...I've been practicing my crust making skills lately. And Maddie, being the sweetheart she is, wanted to help. She's loves helping in the kitchen. And she loves playing with cookie cutters. It was a match made in Heaven!

Enjoy the pictures!

The flour is so soft!

Oh and its so powdery on the floor! She kept eating the dough - Ha ha... Like mother like daughter!

Maddie's pan had the dinosaur, teddy bear, car, and tractor...
Mommy's pan was the left over pieces. Time to wash!
Look mom - I can reach the water in this bowl too!



More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment