Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Magic of Disney - My Favorites


This is my last blog about Disney (for this trip, anyway) - though I could blog on and on and on.... :) As you probably could tell, Disney World has made a lot of memories for me and my family. It doesn't represent just a cool theme park to me. Its so much more than that. Its getting soaked on Splash Mountain, being serenaded to by a quartet, eating a huge turkey leg with my dad, teasing my sister about the China video, rice crispy treats, dancing with my husband, feeding the birds churros, holding my sister's hand while watching fireworks during what was the most difficult time in her life, trading pins with strangers, watching the excitement in my daughters eyes the first time she saw Pooh or yelled for Mickey, seeing mom tear up at the end of the Lion King Show, getting chills during the American Adventure, watching my grandpa being pulled on stage to be part of the act....I could go on and on. These memories are so precious to me, and each time I visit I revisit those cherished memories.

Some of the high lights from this trip include:


  • Jon and Betty Jo going down Splash Mountain

  • The view of Wishes (the fireworks display) from the California Grill

  • Sharing a smoothie with Madelyn

  • Turning back to see Marc holding a sleeping Maddie in his arms

  • ALL THE FOOD

  • Maddie yelling "MICKEY MICKEY" when she saw him from a distance, but then turned shy when it was her turn to meet him (I was alone, so I have no one to attest to this, but I swear she yelled Mickey!)
I'm sure I'll think of about 50 more! Its just a wonderful place to go and enjoy your family - whether you have children or not! We met so many nice couples there who were enjoying time with just each other. Others, who came every year, wanted to tell us the best places to stay and eat. Then there were people we met with children Maddie's age and we shared travel tips back and forth.

As usual, this trip the Cast Members (Disney employees) were just wonderful! From the waitresses, to the bus drivers, to the cashiers. We didn't have a single bad experience. (Well minus the Norway Princess Breakfast....But we'll blame that on being too busy! Everyone needs a break now and then!)

Here are a few of my favorite moments (a few among sooo many) from this trip!











More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment