Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Magic of Disney - The Dining

Disney World has so much to offer no matter what your age. That's what we love about it. Before Madelyn came into our lives, we would have fun going on all the big rides and moving at a fast past. This trip, however, I found myself enjoying watching her excitement as she saw Mickey Mouse or seeing her dance to several of the stage shows. It was so much fun for me!

Though there is something for everyone, people generally find that one thing that they love the most about the place. Its hard for me to pin point one particular thing, but I can tell you some of my favorite experiences has been during lunch and dinner. Everyone in my family gets a good chuckle out of what Marc and I find exciting - which is the food. We usually go to Disney when they offer the free dining plan. Now, in a normal person's world, that plan has plenty of food to get full from. That plan offers one counter service (this is like fast food - cheese burgers, wraps, pizza - includes a drink, dessert and a side item), one table service (this would be your fancier restaurant that has steak, shrimp, etc - also includes a side, drink and dessert) and one snack (ice cream, bottle water, rice crispy treat, etc) per person per day. Well this year Marc and I opted to upgrade and do the deluxe dining plan which offers three table service meals and two snacks a day. Oh and did I mention that on the deluxe plan you get an appetizer with every meal? Yeah...that's a lot of food. But considering several of the restaurants took two credits per person (the more expensive ones at the higher end resorts), we thought we could do it!

And did we ever! We ate until eating was not fun anymore! Ha ha! It really wasn't too bad - but we didn't ever complain that we were hungry! The food was excellent. My top picks are: Jiko (in the Animal Kingdom Lodge), Le Celliar (Canada in the World Show Case at EPCOT), Tusker House (Animal Kingdom), and California Grill (located at the Contemporary Resort).

Below are some pictures of some of the great meals! This doesn't even begin to show all the meals we had - and yes I took pictures of them all! I'll try to label them so you know what they are!

Enjoy - I know we did! ;)


Almond Crusted Cheesecake (Narcoose's) - This was by far the best I've ever had in my life!


Chocolate Creme Brulee (California Grill)
I don't remember what this was called. It was wonderful! It was a molten chocolate cake with a scoop of peanut butter gelato. IT WAS AMAZING. (California Grill)
Steak on a bed of loaded mashed potatoes with a teriyaki glaze (California Grill)
Lamb (California Grill)
Dessert at the Flying Fish
A carmel banana dessert (Flying Fish)
A wonderful steak (Flying Fish)
Tomato and mozzarella appetizer (Flying Fish)
Green Tea pudding dessert (Teppen Eto) -
It was surprisingly delicious. I would get it again in a heart beat!
This chocolate dessert was recommended by our waiter...He gave awesome advice! (JIKO)
Steak on a bed of Mac and Cheese with a wine sauce (JIKO) -
Weird right? It was totally -one hundred percent WONDERFUL!
Chocolate Cake (Le Cellier)
Canada for Two Appetizer (Le Cellier) - It was all super good. I'm not a crab lover, but the crab (on the sides of the plate) was delicious!
Creme Brulee (Yatchman Steakhouse)
More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment