Friday, July 17, 2009

Weekend Adventures!

On June 27th, we traveled to the Creation Museum in Petersburg, Kentucky. The museum brings the Bible to life and answers many questions. My particular favorite was learning about the Ark that Noah and his son's built. I never doubted the stories of the Bible, but after that trip I was able to really visualize and understand the trials and difficulties of some of the followers in the Bible. What amazing faith they all had! It made me really appreciate how easy life is for me!

The museum also translated the Bible to better terms that people in our modern age could easily understand. There were passages that I have read so many times and, yet, never fully understood what exactly they were saying. Their is so much more that I understand now. But I still could learn so much more. I look forward to visiting there again. There are so many more things I want to read and learn about!

Not only was this a good weekend get away for me, Marc and my parents, but this was Madelyn's first vacation ever. So that made it ever more special. She did awesome. She would look around and listen to all the different sounds. It was really cute. Of course she slept alot too! How could you not in such a comfy stroller!!!

That evening we ate at a hole in the wall resturant named "Mr Herbs". Their specialty is their seafood. It was really delicious!

On our way home the next day we stopped in Nashville (Brown County, IN). We ate lunch and visited just a few shops before heading home. I think the trip took a toll on all of us. We were all ready for some rest!

The website for the Creation Museum is: http://creationmuseum.org/. I highly recommend going!

Here are some captured memories from our outing!


















More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment