Monday, March 30, 2009

Baby's Room - Update!

I have been dying to complete the baby's room. Marc and I have, however, been putting off the task until the new windows we ordered arrived. No sense in getting things all ready just to have them messed up again. Home Depot finally called us (4 days past when the windows were suppose to arrive!) to let us know the order had finally come in. Though I have all the faith in the world in my husband and his handy-man abilities, I sure am glad my dad and brother-in-law were around to help lighten the load. Here are some pictures of the windows being replaced! (Even Flat Stanely joined in the fun!)




Also on the list of things to do for the baby's room was to have our families leave their mark so the baby would know it was growing up with the best family in the world. When we found out my sister and her husband were able to come home, we knew we had to have things ready so they would be able to be a part of the decorating. We had a dinner with the Carter side (we squeezed it in since Casie and Brian had a full schedule lined up of people they were going to see before heading back to Colorado) and let the fun begin!

Here are some pictures of the hand prints and the special guests who were able to join us! We look forward to the Roberts side getting to do the same thing! And hopefully there will be just enough space left for the rest of the family members who can make it!

Also, we were able to put down an area rug. Ideally we would have carpeted, but given time and money, we did what we could. I think it turned out nice! What do you think?






















More to come...

4 comments:

  1. Looks good. All you need now is the baby! Only 1 1/2 months to go!

    Love,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby's room is looking great! What a cute idea for the hand prints. I saw a cute baby bump in one of the pictures!!! Hope you are feeling well, and congrats on the new windows. If you would like to purchase more windows, we could use some as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! What an awesome room, and how neat that your family got to be a part of the decorating :) I hope to see you soon hun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw the hand prints I didn't realize that you had the whole family join in. I thought it was just you and Marc, what a cute idea. The babies room is adorable.

    ReplyDelete